Lemon:2 or 3 big
Green Chillies: 3 big or as per taste
Salt:2 tsp or more
Ginger: 1 big piece.
Chop the green chillies and ginger.Add these to the lemon pieces in the jar.If you want you can top this with juice from another lemon, but it is optional.Cover the jar tightly with its lid.You can shake the jar to mix everything together,but otherwise also is fine.It looks like
For making quick lime pickle,you can take a few of these pieces in a clean bowl,steam it if you had omitted it earlier,then add chilli powder to them and mix well.Top with sesame oil.Serve.
Now the lemon side goes to AFAM:Lemon started by Maheshwari of Beyond the usual and currently hosted by EasyCrafts of SimpleIndian Food.
The lemon side picture also goes to Click: Citrus of JugalBandi with a title of Pickling Lemon
Hope you too enjoy the lemon sides.I have been tagged by SriLekha of Me&My Kitchen. Thanks Sri.The rules are
(a) List these rules on your blog.
(b) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog.
(c) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Well I already did (A).
B)7 facts about me:
- I am a housewife,currently in US but settled in Bangalore.
- I am a very pessimistic person,coz I feel thinking bad first helps us to enjoy the good things/thoughts in life.
- I have a 3 yr old daughter.
- I am single child to very unlucky parents.(unlucky to have me).(He! He! Its a joke,sorry ! and laugh pleaseee.)
- I am a lazy person when it comes to fitness,but I am shapely(well 0 is a shape)
- I am a strict vegetarian.
- I work best under pressure.
C) I love to tag,
- Lubna of Kitchen flavours,
- Paru of Brindavan Recipes,
- Aparna of MyDiverseKitchen,
- SunshineMom of TumyumTreats,
- EasyCrafts of SimpleIndianfood,
- Vegetable Platter,
- Divya of DilSe
Paru has also awarded me a "Good Job" award. THANKS PARU.It means a lot to be appreciated.
Enjoy the sides.